STUDENTS AT VIAWe offer free Danish classes at Lærdansk Aarhus for international students at VIA University College. Get a unique language skill to add to your résumé. Get an insight into the Danish society and culture. Help yourself with practical things such as navigating the city. Get social with Danes ...they love it when people know even just a little Danish.
If you work or study in Denmark, you will from January 2018 be subject to the rules about ‘vouchers’ for Danish lessons. It entitles you to free Danish education for up to 3½ years. The series of vouchers (klippekort) is valid for 5 years. There are a total of up to 6 vouchers (klip) for Danish education, one voucher (klip) for each module. Module tests must be passed within the number of months granted each voucher/module. With the series of vouchers (klippekort), you can only pause your Danish education between two vouchers (klip); otherwise the time will run.
Your five-year period will start when you receive a referral for Danish lessons from Aarhus Municipality. You will get the referral when you register on this site. Your first voucher will be activated from your first offered Danish lesson at Lærdansk Aarhus.
Full semester Course
This course will enable you to learn how to speak Danish and use the language in your everyday life, at school or at work. You will get an insight into the Danish society and be taught about being a resident of Denmark.
When and where
- Monday & Thursday 16:15-18:25 or,
- Once a week – Monday from 16:00-19:15.
The beginner classes take place at VIA - Campus C (Ceresbyen 24, 8000 Aarhus C).
For previous students
- Monday and Thursday 16:15-18:25 (At VIA Campus C)
- Monday and Wednesday 16:30-18:40 (At Lærdansk, Paludan Müllers Vej 82)
- Monday and Wednesday 19:00-21:10 (At Lærdansk, Paludan Müllers Vej 82)
- Tuesday and Thursday 16:30-18:40 (At Lærdansk, Paludan Müllers Vej 82)
- Another option is Netdansk 100% online
Before you fill out the registration, please have the following required documents ready to upload in PDF, JPEG or Word format. If we don’t receive the required documents, we are unable to process your registration.
- If you are a citizen from an EU country we need a copy of your your Approval Letter from Aarhus University.
- If you are a citizen from a non EU country we need a copy of your Approval Letter as well as your Residence Permit.
- If you are registering for the first time and haven’t received your CPR number (Yellow Card) yet, you can still sign up. If you have had Danish lessons earlier, you need a Social Security (CPR) number. If you do not already have a Social Security number, please visit Citizen Service to get one.
- In order to register for the free Danish courses, you also need to pay a deposit of DKK 1,250 (returned at the end of your course)
We can offer you a certificate from the Danish Ministry of Education after each module.
If you are interested in getting a certificate, please make sure you ask for it at our reception or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Lukáš Morávek is the Lærdansk Campus Coordinator for all international students from VIA University College.
Lukáš can help you with all the necessary information you need in order to start your Danish courses.
He can answer any questions you might have about Danish classes, enrollment, procedures and other practical information.
He can guide you to find a suitable class, so that the Danish courses will be your first tool to get to know the cultural and social norms while staying in Denmark.
If you have any questions regarding Lærdansk Aarhus, rules, feedback & other don’t hesitate to contact Lukáš.
Phone: 2851 8928
You can also contact coordinator Ann Elveberg if you have any questions: