Staff and Accompanying Partners at Aarhus UniversityWe offer international staff members and accompanying partners free Danish courses at beginner and intermediate levels. The courses are planned in cooperation between Aarhus University and Lærdansk Aarhus. We have highly educated and experienced teachers and use modern materials to ensure a fast and efficient learning process. All our courses are consistent with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
If you work or study in Denmark, you will from January 2018 be subject to the rules about ‘vouchers’ for Danish lessons. It entitles you to free Danish education for up to 3½ years. The series of vouchers (klippekort) is valid for 5 years. There are a total of up to 6 vouchers (klip) for Danish education, one voucher (klip) for each module. Module tests must be passed within the number of months granted each voucher/module. With the series of vouchers (klippekort), you can only pause your Danish education between two vouchers (klip); otherwise the time will run.
Your five-year period will start when you receive a referral for Danish lessons from Aarhus Municipality. You will get the referral when you register on this site. Your first voucher will be activated from your first offered Danish lesson at Lærdansk Aarhus.
From July 1st 2018, Danish Education will cost 2,000 DKK per module. FVU, however, is free of cost, and you can register after module 2 (DU3). Read more about FVU here.
Full Semester course for AU staff and partners
We offer courses specifically for AU staff and accompanying partners which are held at Aarhus University campus in order to make learning Danish more convenient for you. The schedule for these “full semester courses” at various levels is:
- Monday and Wednesday at 16.15 - 17.45 or 18.00 - 19.30
- Tuesday and Thursday at 16.15 - 17.45 or 18.00 - 19.30
Nobelparken, Jens Chr. Skous Vej, 8000 Aarhus C
We usually start at least one early and one late group at the beginning of each semester as well as 1-2 more groups later in the semester.
The next available course will be starting next semester
Crash Course for AU staff and partners
Start your learning experience with a 2 week beginner Crash Course. Classes are every morning from Monday to Friday at 8.30 - 11.30 and the course corresponds to 35-40 lessons (approx. half of the first module). After the crash course, we recommend that you continue on a full semester course or perhaps a daytime course.
International Centre, Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 4, 8000 Aarhus C
The next available course will be starting next semester
Schedules for regular classes at Lærdansk
These classes take place at our school at Paludan Müllers Vej 82, Aarhus N.
- Mornings: 8.30 - 11.15, 3 days a week
- Afternoons: 12.00 - 14.45, 3 days a week
- Early evenings: 16.30 - 18.40, Mondays & Wednesdays
- Late evenings: 19.00 - 21.10, Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Saturdays: 9.00 - 13.10
- Netdansk: 100% online classes
- Blended learning: Tuesdays 18.00 - 20.30 + 3 lessons online (only module 4 & 5)
- Nordic groups: one evening a week specifically for speakers of Nordic languages
New classes at Lærdansk start every couple of weeks whenever there are enough participants. These options are not available in the drop-down menu when you sign up, so please write in the comments box if you prefer one of these options.
Before you fill out the registration, please have the following required documents ready to upload in PDF, JPEG or Word format. If we don’t receive the required documents, we are unable to process your registration.
- If you are a staff member from an EU country, we need a copy of your contract of employment.
- If you are a staff member from a non-EU country, we need a copy of your contract of employment as well as your residence permit.
- If you are an accompanying partner we need a copy of your partner's contract of employment as well as your own residence permit (regardless of whether you are from EU country or not).
- If you are registering for the first time and haven’t received your CPR number (Yellow Card) yet, you can still sign up. If you have had Danish lessons earlier, you need a Social Security (CPR) number. If you do not already have a Social Security number, please visit Citizen Service to get one.
- In order to register for the free Danish courses, you also need to pay a deposit of DKK 1,250 (returned at the end of your course)
Pre-arrival Danish courses
Do you want to start your Danish Education even before you arrive in Denmark? With our Pre-arrival Danish Course you have the opportunity to start whenever you want.
This type of course is a part of the offer Netdansk and takes place online independent of time and place. You have three different options:
- 25 online lessons (approx. 50 self-correcting assignments)
- An online teacher-supported course of 30 lessons (approx. 50-60 assignments)
- All topics include teacher-supported assignments and individual feedback
- A full-time teaching offer that matches classroom teaching - only it’s individual, independent of time and place, and online
- New assignments every week, web conferences with your teacher and other students
- The teaching leads up to current ministerial tests and exams. Minimum of three lesson pr week
You can read more about our Pre-arrival Danish courses here .
Please note that you need to be at least 16 years old to take the course.
Ann Elveberg, Lærdansk Coordinator
Ask me about Danish classes, schedule changes & language levels.
Andrei Păduroiu, Lærdansk Campus Coordinator
Ask me about Danish education, system, rules, feedback & other.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org // Telephone: 45 26 79 07 33
Matters of your interest