Students at Aarhus UniversityWe offer free Danish classes for students, both at Lærdansk Aarhus and on Aarhus University campus. PhD-s are welcome to sign up through the Staff and Spouses registration link. Get a unique language skill to add to your résumé. Get an insight into the Danish society and culture. Help yourself with practical things such as navigating the city. Get social with Danes ... they love it when people know even just a little Danish.
If you work or study in Denmark, you will from January 2018 be subject to the rules about ‘vouchers’ for Danish lessons. It entitles you to free Danish education for up to 3½ years. The series of vouchers (klippekort) is valid for 5 years. There are a total of up to 6 vouchers (klip) for Danish education, one voucher (klip) for each module. Module tests must be passed within the number of months granted each voucher/module. With the series of vouchers (klippekort), you can only pause your Danish education between two vouchers (klip); otherwise the time will run.
Your five-year period will start when you receive a referral for Danish lessons from Aarhus Municipality. You will get the referral when you register on this site. Your first voucher will be activated from your first offered Danish lesson at Lærdansk Aarhus.
Full semester Course For AU Students
This course will enable you to learn how to speak Danish and use the language in your everyday life, at school or at work. You will get an insight into the Danish society and be taught about being a resident of Denmark
- Monday and Wednesday 19.00 - 21.10
- Tuesday and Thursday 16.30 - 18.40
- Tuesday and Thursday 16.30 - 18.40 (for German and Dutch speakers)
- Tuesdays 16.00 - 19.15 (on BSS campus)
Lærdansk, Paludan-Müllers Vej 82, 8200 Aarhus N
BSS Campus, Fuglesangs Alle 4, 8000 Aarhus C (only for Tuesdays class)
Week 39 (with and after 24 Sep) // Registration deadline 9 Sep 2018
Crash Course For AU Students
This intensive course is offered only at a beginner level and corresponds to 50 lessons. The classes are held every day for two weeks. We offer one crash course at the beginning of each semester, depending on the number of participants.
Monday to Friday (2 weeks), 14:00 - 17:00
BSS Campus, Fuglesangs Alle 4, 8000 Aarhus C
The next available course will be starting next semester
Schedules for regular classes at Lærdansk
- Mornings: 8.30 - 11.15, 3 days a week
- Afternoons: 12.00 - 14.45, 3 days a week
- Early evenings: 16.30 - 18.40, Mondays & Wednesdays
- Late evenings: 19.00 - 21.10, Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Saturdays: 9.00 - 13.10
- Netdansk: 100% online classes
- Blended learning: Tuesdays 18.00 - 20.40 + 3 lessons online (only module 4 & 5)
- Nordic groups: one evening a week specifically for speakers of Nordic languages
New classes at Lærdansk start every couple of weeks whenever there are enough participants. These options are not available in the drop-down menu when you sign up, so please write in the comments box if you prefer one of these options.
Before you fill out the registration, please have the following required documents ready to upload in PDF, JPEG or Word format. If we don’t receive the required documents, we are unable to process your registration.
- If you are a citizen from an EU country we need a copy of your your Approval Letter from Aarhus University.
- If you are a citizen from a non EU country we need a copy of your Approval Letter as well as your Residence Permit.
- If you are registering for the first time and haven’t received your CPR number (Yellow Card) yet, you can still sign up. If you have had Danish lessons earlier, you need a Social Security (CPR) number. If you do not already have a Social Security number, please visit Citizen Service to get one.
- In order to register for the free Danish courses, you also need to pay a deposit of DKK 1,250 (returned at the end of your course)
Lone Beck, Lærdansk Coordinator
Ask me about Danish classes, schedule changes & language levels.
E-mail: Lone.Beck@adm.laerdansk.dk // Telephone: 45 87 32 54 96
Andrei Păduroiu, Lærdansk Campus Coordinator
Ask me about Danish education, system, rules, feedback & other.
E-mail: Andrei.firstname.lastname@example.org // Telephone: 45 26 79 07 33
Matters of your interest