Danish education 3The free courses in Danish educations 1, 2 and 3 are for you who has completed Danish for the Labor Market, and for you who are coming to Denmark as a refugee. Did you receive extensive schooling in your home country? Do you know a foreign language? Then Danish education 3 is the course for you.
About the course
Danish education 3 is for you who
- has more than 10 years of formal schooling
- are familiar with a foreign language, including English
- has the personal resources to complete a higher-level course
To begin Danish education 3, you must either
- have completed Danish for the Labor Market or
- have arrived in Denmark as a refugee or have been reunited with a refugee family member
Once you have completed Danish education 3, you will be able to
- speak spontaneous and fluent Danish, including on complex topics
- understand regular spoken Danish and participate in long discussions
- read non-fiction and fiction, and guess the meaning of words based on context
- write nuanced and detailed texts without major grammatical errors
The course is generally conducted in Danish.
You should plan on homework every day.
Danish education 3 consists of six modules with different goals for how much Danish you can read, write, speak and understand. See the goals for Module 1, Module 2, Module 3, Module 4, Module 5 and Module 6.
Modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Danish education 3 conclude with a module test. The module test is voluntary, but shows whether you are ready for the next module.
After Module 5, you can take Danish Examination 3. This can gain you admission to various vocational programs, social and healthcare educations, etc. Danish Examination 3 is held in May/June and November/December.
After Module 6, you can take the Study Examination. This is a language requirement for admission to continuing education programs at most of the universities in Denmark. The Study Examination is held in May/June and November/December.
You are entitled to receive free Danish language instruction from Lærdansk, if you
- either reside in Denmark (residence permit)
- or are a citizen of the EU working in Denmark (work permit)
- and have a civil registration number
- and are 18 years of age
If you do not meet the requirements for free Danish language instruction, you have the option to pay for it yourself. The price is DKK 70.00 per lesson. The number of lessons varies from course to course.
You can register for the Danish course at the Lærdansk language center closest to you. Remember to bring a referral from the job center or municipality you live in.
When registering, you will fill out a simple form with some information about your level of education, language skills and contact information.
Once you have registered with Lærdansk, we may call you in for a brief interview. At the interview, we will find out whether Danish education 1, Danish 2 or Danish 3 is best for you.
The Danish 3 course is offered at all Lærdansk language centers, and online on Netdansk.