Danish education 2The free courses Danish educations 1, 2 and 3 are for you who has completed Danish for the Labor Market, and for you who are coming to Denmark as a refugee. Did you receive regular schooling in your home country? Do you use the Latin alphabet? Then Danish education 2 is the right course for you.
About the course
Danish education 2 is for you who
- has 8 to 10 years of formal schooling in your home country
- are familiar with the Latin alphabet
- has the personal resources to complete an intermediate course
To begin Danish education 2, you must either
- have completed Danish for the Labor Market or
- have arrived in Denmark as a refugee or have been reunited with a refugee family member
When you have completed Danish education 2, you will be able to
- speak with strangers, including on the telephone
- understand what the Danish television and radio news is about
- read short articles, manuals and more
- write job applications and correspondence to authorities
The course is generally conducted in Danish.
You should plan on homework every day.
Each of the six modules on Danish 2 concludes with a module test. The module test is voluntary, but shows whether you are ready for the next module.
Once you have completed all six modules, you can take Danish Examination 2. It consists of a written section and an oral section. The examination is held in May/June and November/December.
Once you have passed the examination, you will receive an examination certificate. Among other things, the examination certificate gives you the opportunity to study a number of subjects on PAE courses.
You are entitled to receive free Danish language instruction from Lærdansk, if you
- either reside in Denmark (residence permit)
- or are a citizen of the EU working in Denmark (work permit)
- and have a civil registration number
- and are 18 years of age
If you do not meet the requirements for free Danish language instruction, you the option to pay for it yourself. The price is DKK 70.00 per lesson. The number of lessons varies from course to course.
You can register for the Danish course at the Lærdansk language center closest to you. Remember to bring a referral from the job center or municipality you live in.
When registering, you will fill out a simple form with some information about your level of education, language skills and contact information.
Once you have registered with Lærdansk, we may call you in for a brief interview. At the interview, we will find out whether Danish 1, Danish 2 or Danish 3 is best for you.
The Danish 2 course is offered at all Lærdansk language centers, but not on Netdansk.